Thursday, July 12, 2012

Limb-oh!

'Tis the season for falling limbs apparently. I was sitting with my neighbor on her porch enjoying the lovely summer evening, when we heard a rustle, a crickly-crackle and a very large crash as we watched a giant limb fall from a tree across the street - right where our neighbor and his dog had been standing perhaps 10 minutes before. It was rather dramatic when it hit and crumbled into crunchy bits. (It's very dry here.)

After a little while, it seemed like a good time to pour some wine. Randy had brought home a nice Cabernet. After a few sips, I went over to take a picture and discovered quite a bit of nesting material. No evidence of eggs or birdies, thank goodness.



Then I thought maybe I should take a pic of the limb that fell on the back of my house the other day. The one I need to call someone about. Gosh. It does look rather serious here.



But look at that nice red paint. Isn't it purty? And red?


I'll call tomorrow. I really will. 

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails