Monday, February 15, 2010

Meet Norman

It's been one month and 11 days since I posted here. And since I first left my home to stay at Sharon's house. Wow. Friday was the first time since Jan. 4 that I spent the night at my house. Lizz and her roommate were home for the weekend so I got to camp out here, too. Minor crisis with a backed-up drain/overflowing washing machine Saturday just as the girls were starting to do laundry ... but a handy guy from church fixed it so we were back in business by evening. Phew.

Today I'd like to introduce Norman. Norman is my uncle - one of my mom's three younger brothers. I've been told that if I'd been a boy I would have been named Norman Paul. I think that's so cool. Isn't little Norman adorable here?

Uncle Norman - aka Uncle Looboo (I forget why - but that's what I called him when I was a kid) has been telling me some stories about my mom the past few Sundays. For many years, I'd let the stories told by my aunts and uncles just wash over me. I'd say, "tell me again about ..." but I've decided it's time to pay much closer attention and write them down.

So tomorrow we'll begin the All About Anne series. And maybe along the way we'll learn a little more about Norman and some other members of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails